Kansas Board of Healing Arts COVID-19 UPDATE - Temporary Emergency License
Kansas Board of Healing Arts COVID-19 UPDATE
In response to the COVID-19 emergency the Board of Healing Arts will be implementing a Temporary Emergency License type available for all professions they regulate.
The license will be limited to engaging in practice relating to COVID-19 response efforts and/or mitigating any effect of COVID-19.
The license will cancel in 90 days if not renewed and will automatically cease 30 days after the declared state of emergency ends.**(**Subject to adjustment by the Board)
This license type will be available for:
- Those who hold an active license in good standing with another state (i.e. no limitations, etc.); or
- Those who have held an Active or Exempt license in Kansas within the past 2 years; or
- Those who have a current Federal Active license.
To read the memo from the Board of Healing Arts on the License click here
To access the Temporary Emergency License application click here
If a PA chooses to change its license from Inactive to full Active, they will need to complete a status change request: Click here for KBHA Change Form
- Providers who have been inactive for longer than 2 years, they may be required to show competency of clinical skills.
- Will also need proof of liability insurance, need to be Kansas Healthcare Stabilization Fund compliant, and complete an Active Practice Request Form Click here for Active Practice Request Forms
All other Board forms are available here